Frequently Asked Questions
General Admission gets you access to the OnDemand sessions, Mainstage presentations, Keynotes and the social hour. All‐Access gets you access to invite‐only Green Room sessions with the keynoters, special leadership presentations, and the CEC “Swag Bag” mailed to you ahead of time (contents are a secret!). All‐Access also helps CEC offset the cost of providing the convention and reduced student rates.
YES, groups of 12 or more save 15%. Please read the following registration details:
- Group registrations are based on CEC membership status and based on the rate at the time of the registration (see the rates on the Registration tab at exceptionalchildren.org.
- All registration forms must be submitted together or processed online using a special promotion code, CEC2021Group, at checkout. Forms need to be processed together either by remitting forms, processing all forms online, or by submitting the following information in Excel spreadsheet format: spreadsheet must include first name, last name, name of institution/school district, address, city, state, zip, email, best telephone number, registration choice (General Admission or All-Access), workshop option, if applicable, for each registrant.
- If using a Purchase Order, the number must be included along with a copy of the purchase order.
- Please email email@example.com with questions or assistance..
CEC has several registration choices in addition to the registering online which is a credit card only option.
Here are other ways to register:
- Download the registration form. Complete the form and remit using one of the options listed on the form (mail, fax, email, phone).
- Request assistance from CEC’s member services team at exceptionalchildren.org.
NO, General Admission or All-Access registration is required before workshop options are available.
You can attend one each day, Monday‐Wednesday. Recordings will be made available for free for those that register (technically, you could register for every workshop and just watch them OnDemand after they are over!)
Sessions & Whova (CEC’s Virtual Platform)
Once you have registered for the convention, you will receive a login via email to access CECLIVE via our Whova platform. If you didnt get the email OR if you need any help using the Whova web platform or mobile app, feel free to reach out to our help desk. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 405.605.5859 during event hours. The video below also provides an overview of the platform.
Absolutely! You can view 700+ on‐demand sessions anytime from March 8 ‐ June 30. In addition, the 30+ hours of mainstage and headliner presentations will be recorded and archived for viewing. The 400+ posters, 19+ Teacher Slams, and 40+ Research Data Blitz sessions are all going to be available to watch on YOUR time.
All you need is access to a web browser! More information will be available as we near the convention, but no special software will be required.
The live sessions include the 30 mainstage presentations, three headliners followed by live Q&A's, and pre-conference workshops. Once these session air, they will be available for on-demand viewing through June 30, 2021.
To see what's happening when, check out the schedule at-a-glance. (Please note: All events are currently listed in Eastern Time, but once you're in the digital platform, everything will convert to your time zone.)
All sessions will be included on the AGENDA in the virtual platform. Prerecorded sessions can be identified by the OnDemand image as shown here.
Many presenters will have handouts available during the week of convention, which will be downloadable through the digital platform. Other presenters upload handouts after convention week, so be sure to check back often.
When you look at the schedule on the CEC website, everything will be listed in Eastern Time zone. However, once you login to CECLIVE via the Whova platform, the schedule inside of Whova will update to your time zone.
Wait, There's More!
CEC’s vendors will be ready to share the latest and greatest new products and services. The Technology Playground will also be sharing technology virtually with “don’t miss” tricks and tips. And, the CEC’s Bookstore will be online with publications a plenty and sales too!